Orthopedic surgery or Orthopedics is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, andcongenital disorders.
Orthopedic specialists treat people of all ages, including:
• Newborns and children with deformities such as congenital dislocation of the hip, club foot and scoliosis
• Young people who need joint preserving surgery such as arthroscopic surgery.
• Older people with irreversible degenerative joint problems who need their joints replaced.
In Vinamra Swaraj Hospital we provide efficient and experienced orthopedic doctors who provide you world class treatment at effective price. Our experts are here to provide faster and smooth recovery.
• Diagnose injuries or disorders using X-rays, blood tests or other tests
• Treatment of simple as well as complicated fracture
• Arthroscopy – a minimally invasive (keyhole) technique, where tools are inserted into a joint to diagnose and repair damaged joint tissue, such as ligament injuries.
• Repairing damaged muscles, torn tendons or torn ligaments
• Arthroplasty – surgery used to replace or resurface joints, usually because of arthritis; hip replacements and knee replacements are two widely used and highly effective operations
• Surgery to correct bony deformity – procedures to correct deformities of the spine or limbs that either limit function or would cause long-term problems if left untreated.
• Recommend exercises or physiotherapy to restore movement, strength and functionality
• Illizarov Surgery : Russian technique done by very few ortho surgeons, used to treat complicated, infected, non-healing fractures to lengthen bones of legs and hands to correct deformities of hands and legs.