General surgeons employ a wide range of
Laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery (also known as “keyhole surgery”) is now widely used within general surgery. These techniques are also popular with patients as there is less scarring, a shorter recovery time and improved outcomes. Most common abdominal operations including appendectomy, gall bladder removal, bowel tumor removal and hernia repair can now be carried out laparoscopically.
Expertise of Vinamra Sawaraj Hospital in General surgery:
• Esophagectomy · Gastrectomy · Appendectomy · Proctocolectomy · Colectomy · Hepatectomy · Cholecystectomy · Pancreatectomy/Pancreaticoduodenectomy
• Gastrostomy (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) · Gastroduodenostomy · Gastroenterostomy · Ileostomy · Jejunostomy · Colostomy · Cholecystostomy · Hepatoportoenterostomy · Sigmoidostomy
• Heller cardio-myotomy, Fundoplication, Analline , Toupet’s (Anal sphincterotomy · Lateral internal sphincterotomy) • Nissen fundoplication, Hernia repair · Omentopexy · Liver biopsy
• Fissurectomy, Hemorrhoidectomy-open, hemorrhoidectomy staples, Mastectomy, Fibrodenoma lump excision
• Varicose Vein
With all these expertise Vinamra Swaraj Hospitals provide the best medical facilities with modern equipments and infrastructure. We provide the best surgeons in Mumbai who help us in providing patient centric environment.
Laproscopic Surgery : Laparoscopy is a way of performing a surgery. Instead of making a large incision (or cut), surgeons make tiny incisions and insert thin instruments and a camera into an area, to view the internal organs and repair or remove tissue. It is easier for patients to recover from laparoscopy compared with regular abdominal surgery because the wounds from the incisions are so small.
Laproscopic Surgery can be of various types.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery : Single incision laparoscopic surgery, or SILS, is an advanced, minimally invasive procedure that allows the surgeon to operate exclusively through a single entry point, typically the patient's navel. All surgical instruments are placed through this small incision and also the incision site is located in the left abdomen or umbilicus. One of major advantages is better cosmetic with only a scar at the navel.
Procedures that can be done with SILS include:
• All hernia repairs (inguinal, femoral, incisional, hiatal, ventral)
• Surgical correction of esophageal reflux (Nissen Fudoplication)
• Diagnostic procedures
Benefits of SILS procedures:
• Single scar, the opportunity of less pain, and shorter recovery periods
• Offers financial advantages to patient due to shorter stay in hospitals as well as less medical assistance.
• Speed up recovery
• Decreased pain